Attorney Paul D. Brau
Born and raised in Auburn, California; Paul Brau earned his J.D. degree from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1977 and joined the California State Bar that same year. Following a two year clerkship, Mr. Brau joined the Charles R. Weldon law firm in 1977. He was admitted to the United States District Court, Central District California in 1978. In 2002, he was admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit. In 2002, he attended the Straus Institute for Alternative Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law.
Upon the untimely death of Charles R. Weldon in 2007, Mr. Brau was appointed as Practice Administrator by the Probate Court to wind up the Weldon law practice. At the conclusion of this endeavor Mr. Brau formed a partnership with his esteemed colleague, Laila Havre Jacobsma and the law firm of Jacobsma & Brau was established. Upon his retirement in 2018, Mr. Brau became of counsel to Jacobsma Law, APC.
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury
- UC Davis – B.A. 1974
- Pepperdine University Law – J.D. Cum Laude 1977
- Straus Institute for Alternative Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law
- Southeast District Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- California State Bar – 1977
- U.S. District Court – Central District California – 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit – 2002