Attorney Jennifer C. Carter
Jennifer C. Carter was born and raised in Whittier, California.
Ms. Carter attended the University of Southern California where she obtained a Bachelor of Arts in English and a minor in Psychology. Afterwards, she went on to earn her Juris Doctorate from Southwestern Law School.
Thereafter, Ms. Carter joined the Jacobsma & Brau law firm. Ms. Carter is a member of the California State Bar, as well as the United States District Court – Central District of California, and the United States Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Jacobsma & Brau, her experience includes volunteering as a certified law clerk for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office and as a law clerk for the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office.
Ms. Carter enjoys staying active within the community. She, currently, participates in her local bar association, the Southeast District Bar Association (SEDBA) whose mission it is to provide access to legal service and the judicial system.
Ms. Carter focuses her practice primarily on personal injury and workers’ compensation cases.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
- University of Southern California, B.A., cum laude
- Southwestern Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Author, CAPITAL PUNISHMENT: A Struggle to Satisfy Evolving Standards of Decency - Reviewing the Debate in the United States and Canada, Southwestern Journal of International Law, Spring 2011
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Southeast District Bar Association
- President (2016)
- President Elect (2015)
- Trustee: (2012 – 2014)
- California Applicants' Attorneys Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California